Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Earth Day cupcakes

Each month I have been enjoying the mystery box cupcake challenges over at The Sweetest Kitchen - I really loved some of the birthday cupcakes were amazing.

When I saw the new theme was Earth Day my mind was totally blank on what I could do, but I thought I would give it a go anyway.  The idea is that you draw inspiration from the theme or secret ingredient and bake - for the ts and cs look here.

Of course, I started by baking my gold standard vanilla cupcakes.



Then I coloured some fondant in some pretty spring colours (although in Australia we are in Autumn, to me Earth Day speaks of Spring) and cut out some garden inspired shapes.


Then I iced the cupcakes in some blue buttercream, some chocolate ganache and some fondant discs.



The winner of April’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge will receive prizes from:
Thank you to all our prize sponsors!

Some individual shots



No comments:

Post a Comment