When I saw the new theme was Earth Day my mind was totally blank on what I could do, but I thought I would give it a go anyway. The idea is that you draw inspiration from the theme or secret ingredient and bake - for the ts and cs look here.
Of course, I started by baking my gold standard vanilla cupcakes.
Then I coloured some fondant in some pretty spring colours (although in Australia we are in Autumn, to me Earth Day speaks of Spring) and cut out some garden inspired shapes.
Then I iced the cupcakes in some blue buttercream, some chocolate ganache and some fondant discs.
The winner of April’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge will receive prizes from:
- Angela's Images; a selection of handmade crafts
- Bake It Pretty; a $5 online gift card
- Beanilla; a $7 online gift card
- Miss Kitty Creations; a handmade cupcake charm of your choice
- My Little Cupcake; a cupcake pop mold
- Simply Caked; 600 brown greaseproof cupcake liners
- Sweet Cuppin Cakes; a $5 online gift card
- Tundra Books; 3 Earth-knowledgeable children's books
Some individual shots