Friday 24 September 2010

Pistachio and Raspberry Teacakes

It's been a long time between drinks for a Tartelette recipe.  It's not because her recipes haven't been appealing, but rather my energies have been focussed elsewhere.

However, after the delicious dark chocolate and pistachio cookies I still had more than half a bag of pistachios!  When I made those biscuits I was able to convince a friend, X, to shell the pistachios while I did some of the other steps in the recipe.  Unfortunately X was not available this time, and I had to shell them myself - boring!

Here they are baked, but undecorated.

They didn't rise much - not sure why.  I used the required amount of baking powder with plain flour. The recipe can be found here, but you should go and look at the beautiful photographs (way better than my picture of these cakes in tupperware).

Of course, I had to 'gild the lily' - and I only had enough white chocolate to do half!



Actually, I burnt the first batch of white chocolate I tried to melt.  I actually think it was to do with the bowl I used in the microwave, rather than too much time, because the chocolate burnt after 30 seconds in the microwave and the second batch needed almost 2 minutes in total to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment