Wednesday 18 May 2011

Cheesymite scrolls

I love a cheesymite scroll, but it does seem a little expensive to purchase from the chain bakeries.  Instead, I knew there would be a successful recipe somewhere online.  And there was - dolcidoll's recipe.


To get there, of course I needed to get vegemite all over my hands! In all seriousness, spreading hard vegemite onto soft pastry with a knife is very difficult and it is far easier to melt the vegemite and then spread it using your hands (and more fun too).

 


It almost resembled a swiss roll, but was far easier to roll than cake. 

They were delicious hot out of the oven, and I had to stop G from eating more than 1.

2 comments:

  1. You know - I've never had a cheesymite scroll, but yours look very appetising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the coolest thing I ever saw!

    ReplyDelete