Saturday 12 December 2009

Cajun fish with corn and avacado salsa

Confession - I used a pre-made spice rub.  I did not mix the marinade as directed, though it douns delicious.  Why did I cheat? Firstly, I have had the (unopened) spice rub in the pantry for the last couple of months and really wanted to try it.  Secondly,  I don't love cumin and probably wouldn't have used the rest of the jar.

In Faking It the cajun fish is accompanied by a small spoonful of the salsa.  However I am a big believer in vegetables and I think that you should eat more vegetables than protein, so I added some ingredients to the salsa to make it a salad/salsa.  I added olives, snow pea sprouts and tomato.  I used mint, instead of coriander, which was a great substitute. On the salad/salsa I splashed a little EVO and lemon juice and cracked some black pepper over the top (there is enough salt in the olives that extra salt is not needed).  
I didn't do the sour cream 'dressing' on the fish (sour cream diluted with a little hot water) because I wanted the fish to be spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment