Monday 6 December 2010

Le Petit Gateau

Le Petit Gateau is a french bakery on Little Collins st, near William St, in Melbourne.  To welcome our friends to Melbourne I bought a pear bandaloue tart from Le Petit Gateau.



Cleverly, ganache is used to secure the ribbon to the outside of the tart, and more ganache to secure the tart to the silver board it sits on - a delicious and clever technique!

And a yuzu and black sesame macaron and salted caramel macaron - because we couldn't wait for the cake!

1 comment:

  1. I had a salted caramel macaron from the little coffee joint in the GPO on Boxing Day and it was superb (coffee was really good too). The label said they were Melbourne Macarons. I also sampled the tangy lemon, strawberry and cream, raspberry and macchiato macarons (by sample, I mean "ate over the 5 hours I was in the CBD").

    Don't worry - I worked it all off in the shopping and walking I did!

    ReplyDelete