Tuesday 8 November 2011

Waste not

I am a true believer in:
  • using things up to the absolute last little bit
  • giving things away once I have no use
The second explains why, though I am a lover of reading, I have very few books in my house.  I borrow books from the library, or buy them secondhand and give them away once I am done.  A book needs to be truly special to warrant a place on my bookshelf.

I also do regular culls and take donations down to the local Salvo's.  However, when I have something that I can't donate I try to use it up - in this case, egg whites.

After making the birthday cake for my Mum I was left with 3 egg whites which I put in the fridge, to buy myself some time to think about what to do with them.  In the end, I decided to make some plain meringues.



No comments:

Post a Comment