Thursday 2 February 2012

Biscuit epic fail

Wow, disaster!  This dough was supposed to be firm enough to roll out and cut using cookie cutters. 


I made the dough and wrapped it and put it in the fridge for an hour.  Shortly before the hour was up I opened up a fairly large bag of cookie cutters and started selecting some shapes...  Imagine my disappointment when I tried to roll out the dough and failed!
I had to wet my hands and scrape balls of the dough off the greaseproof paper, then lightly squash them once they were on the baking tray. 

The biscuits tasted fine, but were fairly hard and definitely on the sweet side.  Not even going to link to the recipe, but it was originally from an Australian Women's Weekly, so I thought I was safe!

Lesson: when a cookie dough calls for only 60grams of flour DO NOT MAKE those biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment