Thursday 13 May 2010

Running a little late with April Delicious

There were a lot of things I wanted to make from the April magazine (as detailed here).  Disappointingly, I didn't manage to get through about half of the ones I had planned, for a variety of reasons.  I actually think there were too many sweet things that I wanted to make, and not enough office birthdays/family occasions to warrant making them.
  • Apple tart
  • White chocolate scones
  • Chicken cacciatore (which I can make from a packet!) - I can make it from a packet...
  • Pistachio meringues - actually really simple and not that exciting sounding once I read the entire recipe
  • Hot cross muffins - Easter had already passed by the time I thought about this, maybe next year
Then of course, there were the recipes I did make:
  • Orange drops - delicious, easy, more interesting that plain butter biscuits
  • Pan fried mushrooms - not filling enough as a dinner (not that I can blame Jamie for that one)
  • Stuffed mushrooms - pretty delicious
  • Risoni salad - too much risoni to salad even though I followed the recipe
  • Chocolate mousse - probably the best recipe in the issue
  • Blue eye with a sun dried tomato crust - delicious, and quite restaurant looking for an at-home dish, and the crust was fantastic stuffed in the mushrooms
  • Oven baked risotto - my first successful risotto!
Of course, I didn't get anything made from the Food for Friends booklet that accompanied April Delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment