Monday 5 April 2010

It's April, so it's goodbye March Delicious, hello April Delicious

I am very excited about April Delicious, so excited that I am glad that March is over.  Firstly, I didn't like the March dessert recipes and secondly, there was no 'gift with purchase'.  Feb came with a calico bag and April came with a little booklet called 'Food with Friends' - more recipes, discussed below.

The best high effort March recipe: corn soup
The best weekday meal: carrot fritters

I am pretty excited about the April edition.  My plans:
  • Pan fried mushrooms
  • Apple tart
  • White chocolate scones
  • Chicken cacciatore (which I can make from a packet!)
  • Risoni salad
  • Chocolate mousse
  • Blue eye with a sun dried tomato crust
  • Oven baked risotto
  • Pistachio meringues
  • Orange drops
  • Hot cross muffins
  • Stuffed mushrooms
The cake on the front looks pretty but way too much work!

'Food for Friends' was a little booklet that came stuck to the front.  It was basically different people's ideas of what to serve at a dinner party.  To be honest, there was nothing awesome, though if you add the number of recipes in this booklet to the number in Delicious you get a lot more recipes than normal!

From 'Food for Friends' I think I will make:
  • Salmon 'cheesecake'
  • Pistachio biscuits
  • Beef ragu
  • Porcini mushroom soup
  • White chocolate and caramel crisp terrine
G thinks he would like me to make:
  • Marinated and seared tuna
  • Lemon tarts
  • Carrot and coriander pilaf

No comments:

Post a Comment