Tuesday 15 June 2010

Lamb Caponata

I really like lamb.  When I lived in Japan I missed it a lot, and tried to find ways to deal with that.  At Christmas I visited Singapore and ate a lot of lamb - I particularly enjoyed it at a Brazilian restaurant there (link to the restaurant).  I also ordered some meat from The Meat Guy who delivers frozen to your door (link in case you are living in Japan).

The lamb caponata in the May (Italian) issue of Delicious combines lamb and olives - the other food I missed an awful lot in Japan, and looks fabulous on the page.

I bit the bullet and bought the required amount of lamb - 750grams which was not cheap, but thankfully the flavour was ultimately worth it!

It was quite a simple cook - everything done in a pan on the stove and then layered into the baking dish and into the oven for 45 minutes.

It looked absolutely delicious before the potatoes went on:

and then in the bowl, ready to eat:

No comments:

Post a Comment