Thursday 17 June 2010

On a lamb bender

Have I mentioned how much I like lamb?  You wouldn't believe that I didn't eat much meat growing up, and ate none at all between the ages of 18 and 21  All those statements are true, and now I really enjoy eating lamb.

Most of the time I cook, but every so often I like to take advantage of some of the amazing fresh produce shops in my area.  I really like the butcher in the Canberra Centre, City Select Meats.  They have an amazing selection of sausages (I've tried a few) and some great simple semi-ready meals.  By 'semi-ready' I mean mini roasts, or kebabs, or lamb parcels.

The advantage of buying semi-ready meals individually?  G and I can choose different flavour combinations!

I still don't 'dine on swine' as a general rule.  That includes bacon.  Some people do not believe me when I say that pork and bacon are the same, and I don't tend to eat it.  I have eaten little scerricks of jamon in Spain or crispy pancetta crumbled on top of a spicy tomato risotto, but, as a general rule, I stay away from pork.
This means I avoid all the semi-ready meals that include bacon.  I am not a huge fan of fruit + meat or cinnamon in practically any form!

I chose a red curry lamb parcel and G had a mulled wine parcel - currants, cinnamon and red wine.  The only thing I would eat of all those ingredients?  The lamb!

1 comment:

  1. yum yum yum- i love fruit and meat together! All the more for me...

    ReplyDelete