Thursday 1 July 2010

Chocolate toast

I've been making decadent breakfasts lately, though this one may 'take the cake' so to speak.

Literally, it's dark chocolate sandwiched between good bread, cooked in butter and olive oil and sprinkled with salt at the end of the cooking process.

When I saw it in Delicious I knew I had to make it, and then one of my favourite bloggers - Almost Bourdain - made it and it looked so good!  She used lindt sea salt, which I didn't own at the time, but have since purchased:



Quite frankly, any meal that starts like this:

has to be fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That looks SO good! And so decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think decadent is an understatement of it's excessiveness! Not the best breakfast to run 70 minutes on later though...

    ReplyDelete