Saturday 31 July 2010

Spinach, mushroom and brie freeform pie

I altered this recipe a bit, just on quantities though, because we only wanted to eat it for one meal.  Often the Delicious recipes serve 4 or 6 people and I make the full amount to use for lunch leftovers during the week (or the next night if I am feeling lazy) but I don't think pastry reheats very well, so I just made 1/3 of the recipe and made 2 individual pies.



Again, a simple pie that did not require blind baking.  I used the best pastry I could find - careme all butter puff pastry - and this brand even makes delicious tasting soggy pastry.  The pastry on the bottom was soggy (no blind baking) but great anyway!


I cheated and used frozen spinach, which still worked perfectly fine, and I only used about 2/3 of the brie required after I had calculated the new quantities just to make 2 pies, and I am glad I used less brie or the pie would have been too rich.  I actually had sealed the pastry and had put the pies in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes when I looked down at the chopping board and realised that I hadn't put any of the brie in!  I quickly unsealed and inserted the brie and re-sealed the pies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment