Thursday 15 July 2010

Delicious magazine, July

Delicious have had a run of dark colours on the covers, slow cooking, and rich, hearty looking food.  Looks delicious, but perhaps I am feeling a little bored with the 'same, same' look - I am ready for Summer (or at least Spring) and want the magazine to make me feel like Spring is on the way.


That criticism aside, there are still several dishes I want to make:
  • Celeriac soup - never cooked with celeriac before, and I feel like this would be a good wintry meal
  • Lamb ragu with rosemary, chilli and conchiglie
  • Pie of Ballycroft cheese, smoked salmon and potato - maybe without the Ballycroft cheese (as I have never seen that in the shops around here)
  • Pot-roasted bolar blade with port and garlic- will have to purchase something to cook this in
  • Spicy meatballs
  • Spinach, brie and mushroom pie
  • Apple & pear pikelets
  • Chocolate bread cake - can I really bring myself to make this?  I despise bread and butter pudding

1 comment:

  1. Ooh - lamb ragu sounds divine, especially with this weather!

    BTW - the strawberry hot chocolate was from the coffee hole-in-the-wall next to Sizzle Bento in Garema Place. Ask for just a small one - it's very rich (Emanouil makes his own chocolate blend - it looks like fudge).

    ReplyDelete