Wednesday 13 January 2010

The end of Faking It

I am now finished cooking my way through Faking It - I have made 13 recipes from the book, 11 savoury and 2 desserts. 

Summary:
  • I wouldn't make the desserts again - neither turned out the way they looked in the book, and there didn't seem to be enough mixture created by either recipe
  • The mushroom risoni is likely to become a regular dish in my house - super easy, super tasty.  I just make 3/ 4 of the recipe for a stand alone meal for the 2 of us (or if I serve it with meat of some sort I then get some leftovers for lunch the next day)
  • The salmon roulade tasted fantastic, and looked super impressive too
  • The stroganoff was phenomonal - I would happily make a vegetarian pasta dish by leaving out the beef and adding some fresh tomato mixture to the sauce for a delicious dinner
  • I would put the cajun fish and the stuffed mushrooms on the boring side of the spectrum - unlikely to make either again.
Have to spend some time in front of the cookbook shelf and figure out what to cook from next - considering one (or all) of either Bill Granger or Jamie Oliver's books, or the new Australian Gourmet Traveller cookbook G received for Christmas from my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment