Saturday 2 January 2010

Oysters

I have developed a taste for oysters, probably over the last 3 years.  I like them most ways now, but not kilpatrick.

For our early Christmas with G's family we were responsible for a salad and 2 kinds of dressing for 4 dozen oysters.


I cheated for the first dressing and G bought a bottle of Tetsuya's Oyster Vinaigrette (info here) from David Jones in the city.  It is a delicious blend of oils and vinegars with some soy and ginger thrown in, and tastes amazing.  The second recipe I used was from cuisine.com.au and is called 'Lime and Chilli Dressing'.  It's simple - lime juice, fish sauce, salt, sugar and chilli.  That was also pretty awesome. 

(Tetsuya's dressing is on the left in the picture)

Tonight for dinner I mixed up the lime and chilli dressing and poured it over a quick vegie stir fry - fantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment