Monday 11 January 2010

Gnocchi cottage pies


I have modified this recipe a lot!  Firstly, I didn't make the mince mixture as required in the book.  That recipe called for 12 ingredients - several of which I didn't have.  So I swapped the following:
  • beef mince for lamb
  • left out the pancetta - and replaced the flavour with seasonings
  • used more stock and left out the red wine
  • altered the seasonings a lot - recipe asks for thyme and bay leaves, whereas I used oregano, basil, chilli and parsley
  • I used carrot (as the recipe said) and more vegies - zucchini and mushrooms
I then used olive oil on top of the gnocchi before I sprinkled on parmesan.  So simply, my version of the recipe is cook a delicious mince mixture, using whatever vegies and seasoning you like and then top it with cooked gnocchi and grated parmesan.  Into the oven for 30 minutes and you'll have a delicious dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment