Sunday 7 February 2010

Palmiers

I love to make palmiers (also known as Elephant Ears) - however, I can never get mine to look as good as I have seen in shops, so I usually dip them half in chocolate (I can cover up the less attractive side).

Yesterday I made palmiers, and dipped them in white chocolate - my friend loves white chocolate.  I got a lot of compliments!  At least 2 people described them as 'phenomonal', which is almost embarrassing given how easy they really are.

My original recipe came from Dyann Bakes - her (no longer active) blog can be found here.  She used to star in a video podcast that I thought was pretty good.  She only did less than 20 episodes, and finished in early 2008.  However, her on screen manner was good, and her recipes aren't 'fashionable' so the old episodes are still good today (in my opinion).

Anyway - 'the recipe':
  • Defrost a sheet of puff pastry
  • Cover in sugar
  • Fold top into the middle, bottom to the middle and then fold the top over the bottom 
  • Fridge for 30 minutes
  • Slice and bake
  • Once cool, dip in chocolate (optional)
I love to serve them with strawberries dipped in chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment